Case Study 19: Provision of cable pull in (topside) support for export, FO and in field cable requirements
Location: German sector, Southern North Sea
Duration: 12 months
July 2013 – June 2014, RMS provided full cable pull in team support to our client for the various connector platforms in support of its clients cable installation vessel.
Namely Dan Tysk, Helwin1, GT1 and Meerwind connector platform cable pull in and jointing support requirements and Butendiek and Sylwin 1 onshore mock up and trials.
RMS provided platform inspection advisors attending technical support meetings and also site managers representing its clients contractual responsibility.
The offshore support included 21 experienced and competent personnel all fully certified with survival, medical, rigging, WAH, confined space, first aid at work etc… across teams of 3, 4 and 6 men.
At the peak of operations RMS were supporting multiple and simultaneous 3 x 6 man teams consisting of: Team Leader, Rigger/Winch Op, Rigger/Scaffolder, 3 x Riggers
The following activities were covered :
- Cable pull in procedures, HSE and taskplans
- Topside inspection for operations & feedback
- Full logistical support
- Equipment mobilisation, installation & de-rigging/ demobilisation
- Equipment maintenance
- Cable pull ins
- Temporary and permanent hang offs with earthing
- Scaffold tower erection and inspection
- Jointing/ testing support and prep of cable ends
- Cable routing/ de-armouring/ break-out / stripping
- Fixing of cable cleats
- Waste removal and making good of work site