Case Study 5: Provision of full survey technical consultancy, project management, resourcing & survey team.
Location: UK nearshore
Duration: ongoing since July 2014
July 2014 – Present, RMS have been providing full survey support services (consultancy, project management, resourcing, personnel and technical support) to our client. To date this has comprised in supporting a total of seven projects for nearshore surveys – MBES, geophysical, UXO and geotechnical.
Project support inclusive but not limited to, full tendering support, QHSE/ risk assessment, survey procedures, project management, equipment/ software spec and resourcing, consumables support, mobilisation preparations, full survey team, data acquisition & QC, data processing & interpretation, demobilisation support, full draft and finals deliverables (reports, charting, GIS and all raw/ processed/ geotif data & image formats). All project management and technical/ tendering support has been provided in-house.
Multiple personnel provided a mix of survey/underwater engineers, surveyors, data processors, CAD operatives, geophysicists and geotechnical operators & engineers.
Projects to date include:
- MBES cable route & corridor (8km) survey for proposed power cable and route engineering (Scotland NW coast nearshore)
- UXO (grad array) site survey for proposed tide gauge installation (UK East coast nearshore)
- Geophysical (SSS & maggy)/ MBES survey for export cable repair (UK SE coast nearshore)
- Geophysical (SSS, SBP)/ MBES site survey (UK East coast nearshore)
- Geophysical (SSS & maggy)/ MBES and UXO (grad array) survey for export cable repair (UK West coast nearshore)
- Geotechnical sampling (Vibro coring) for beach management scheme (UK South coast nearshore)
- Geotechnical sampling (Vibro coring) for inshore river dredge management and barrier scheme (UK East coast inshore)
“RMS have provided us with excellent support on seven recent survey projects. We have been able to utilise all elements of the RMS offering over the course of these projects. Personnel provided by RMS have been of a very high standard and have offered added value to our projects as well as being a delight to work with. Project planning and liaison with RMS has also been of a very high standard with an exceptional attention to detail coupled with extensive industry knowledge drawn from the senior team within the company.”